[Evolution] [ews] Config problems with EWS OAuth2

Hello, I've been using Evolution for more than 20 years now and have grown quite used to and attached to it. But recently our university switched to OAuth2 and now I can't connect. I followed all the instructions in the gnome evolution wiki, got the Tenant ID and Client/Application ID from the IT Services people; everything looks correct to my eyes. I log in on the university's shibboleth server, push in a Duo Mobile authentication request, and respond "Approve" on my mobile device. Everything works fine up to that point. Then I get a Microsoft pop-up box with this message:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.
AADSTS650057: Invalid resource. The client has requested access to a resource which is not listed in the requested permissions in the client's application registration. Client app ID: 26311460-e450-4a1c-a37b-4ea460529061(xxxx-evolution-client). Resource value from request: https://outlook.office.com. Resource app ID: 00000002-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000. List of valid resources from app registration: 00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000000.
The IT Services people try to be helpful but they don't support Evolution. I am trying to use Thunderbird but it's not nearly as good as Evolution. I'm too old to make the switch now.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu -- pixbuf .at. gmail.com
It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.