Re: [Evolution] How to archive to year-named subfolder of archive folder?

On 2020-09-22 at 20:21 -0500, J.B. Nicholson wrote:
Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
out of interest, does it match the current year (aka the year the
Archive operation was initiated in), or a year from the Date
header,
+/- converted to the local time zone? It would be weird to have
archived message from 2015 in folder 2020, only because the Archive
function was initiated in year 2020.

Yes; you're quite right on both counts. In fact, Thunderbird (version
68.12.0
(64-bit) at least where I just tested this) does the latter. Here's
how I tested
that: I pressed "a" (Archive shortcut key) on a message sent in the
year 2009 (per
its Date header) from the 2009 archive folder and that message stayed
in the 2009
archive folder. I moved that message to my 2020 archive folder, went
to the 2020
archive folder, and pressed "a" on it again. The message moved back
to the 2009 folder.

I think such feature would require an Archive folder supporting
placeholders. Someone might want to use "Old-%Y", other "Archive/%Y",
some "Archive/%m-%Y" yet other "Archive/%Y-%m" .

As such, allowing a modifier so that it refers to the current or the
Received:/Date: timestamp, seems a little adjustment.

Best regards