Re: [Evolution] Archive

On Wed, 2020-09-23 at 16:19 -0400, David Burleigh via evolution-list
wrote:
Is there any practical/usability limit to the number of emails in the archive folder?

As far as I can see they are just normal mail folders - so the limit is
down to the type of storage i.e. local or IMAP, mbox or Maildir, etc.
and the underlying filesystem type.

TBH, with modern systems, there is no practical limit - an mbox file
gets slow if it's large, but Maildir's only limit is the number of
files per directory and with modern filesystems that's 2^32 or 2^64 or
2^128 for ext4, btrfs and zfs for example. I have over 50,000 messages
in some of my folders and it is of no consequence with decent indexes.

P.