Re: [Evolution] Evolution changes file names of attachments (underscores instead of spaces)

On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 11:24 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Technically, however, the client shouldn't manipulate the payload of
the message.

        Hi,
I'd say Evolution only tries to avoid problems with some "reserved"
characters, being it wild cards (?*) or the directory separators (\/)
or event the colon (:), being it on Windows. And any unprintable
characters. Maybe it's too aggressive here, it can skip at least the
space.

I do not have any strong opinion here. If anyone of you would like to
file a ticket for it [1], I can change it. I only want to have the
ticket for some history and a place where to claim potential follow up
issues with any such change. Would it be just the space, or more
letters? The current set is: " /'\"`&();|<>$%{}!#" (with backslash,
colon, question mark and the star added for Windows).

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new