Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Thunderbird via import without duplicates

On Tue, 2020-10-27 at 10:36 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
On 10/27/2020 10:29 AM, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
That feels like a lot of mails, or just few movies as attachments (just
kidding). Do you know how many mails this is? My largest IMAP account
has 498.162 messages at the moment, which is surely less than that
yours. I do not download all of the history locally, only the last
month is stored for the offline use, and even that not in all folders.

I cannot speak for him but I saw he was using Gmail. Their IMAP system
duplicates messages and if you have a large number of folders, some of
which include the same messages plus "All Mail", you can easily end up
with a 5 or 6 times multiplier on message size.

I use Gmail via IMAP and although what you say is true, I haven't
noticed any real-world impact. The vast majority of messages have only
one label (i.e. are in only one IMAP folder) and I don't download All
Mail anyway (in fact I don't sync locally at all). You can even
unsubscribe it if you like.

poc