Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Thunderbird via import without duplicates

On 10/27/2020 10:29 AM, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
That feels like a lot of mails, or just few movies as attachments (just
kidding). Do you know how many mails this is? My largest IMAP account
has 498.162 messages at the moment, which is surely less than that
yours. I do not download all of the history locally, only the last
month is stored for the offline use, and even that not in all folders.

I cannot speak for him but I saw he was using Gmail. Their IMAP system duplicates messages and if you have a large number of folders, some of which include the same messages plus "All Mail", you can easily end up with a 5 or 6 times multiplier on message size.

This bothers me less since I tend to turn off local storage of IMAP and limit it to the most basic caching of messages I intentionally read. I can wait for a short message fetch. That helps a lot on Gmail too since I rarely read the "All Mail" folder.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil