Re: [Evolution] Localization of IMAP folders

Ángel wrote:
It's actually up to the server to allow you to do that or not.

Perhaps I'm missing some larger point, but wouldn't it be reasonable for IMAP clients to treat the server-defined folder names as unique IDs where the client UI is free to localize the presentation as needed for users?

For example, forget that "Inbox" is an English word. Instead, treat that string as a unique identifier where mail goes by default (absent any rules/filters). Therefore German user interfaces should be free to display an account's inbox labeled with the German word for "Inbox" (I'm sorry I don't know what that is), no? And couldn't the same apply for all of the other server-defined folders too?