[Evolution] Linux Mint, Flatpak Evolution and LibreOffice

DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=19.3
DISTRIB_CODENAME=tricia
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia"
NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="19.3 (Tricia)"

Flatpak 1.8.2
Flatpak-Builder 1.0.11

Evolution 3.38.2 (flatpak git5224ef6)

LibreOffice  7.0.1.2

Ok.. I had everything working with LibreOffice 6.4.6.   LibreOffice components would launch correctly from the flatpak build of
Evolution  ( meaning  the button associated with attachments  offering save or open with default application ).

Then  everything updated,  which broke the launching of "default applications" .   I'm thinking the update  of LibreOffice from 6.x to
7.x  didn't set up the defaults correctly, but Evolution is the only thing not launching LibreOffice,  which makes me wonder if
something in the flatpak environment is the problem.

Suggestions on where to look first ?

I'm also presuming that if I have multiple flatpak  items  ( Evolution and LibreOffice ),  they each  get their own environments, correct?

Thanks
MIke