Re: [Evolution] Shutdown, restart failure

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 10:49 -0600, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Interesting thing happened, Evolution restarted with all accounts
intact.  So what is the difference between Evolution doing a restart
and my doing  File->Quit  followed by a flatpak shutown and restart ?

        Hi.
I guess it ran in the same sandbox. It can be your version of Flatpak
(or every Flatpak?) runs a new sandbox whenever you run an application
for it.

The accounts are provided by evolution-source-registry. I do not know
what could fail here, maybe the second evolution could not talk to the
source registry, which had been run by the first evolution. I also do
not know how those kill commands work, especially whether the Flatpak's
kill command kills only the main process or all processes in the
respective sandbox. Simply checking `ps as | grep evolution` before and
after the kill command may show whether any processes had been killed.
Those with /app/ in the path are those in the bubblewrap, from the
Flatpak.
        Bye,
        Milan