Re: [Evolution] Shutdown, restart failure

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 16:38 +0000, Douglas Summers via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 10:33 -0600, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Evolution 3.38.2 (flatpak gite1b0310)

Distributor ID: LinuxMint
Release: 19.3
Codename: tricia

Linux  5.4.0-52-generic #57~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP

At the present time,  if Evolution stops for any reason ( I quit out
or it crashes), when it restarts it does NOT see any
configured accounts ( which is a pain as have 5 accounts currently
configured).

If I manually add the accounts back in.. everything works until the
next exit.  This includes configured signatures being
available to assign to accounts ( no need to recreate ).

At the point that Evolution starts up,  the console does NOT show any
errors.

Give that I've been running Evolution on the same machine under the
same id  for many years,  I'm wondering if I've
got some accumulated garbage that is breaking things ..  open to any
other ideas as well.

Thanks.

Try running 'flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution' before restarting
Evolution, just to make sure all of its processes are closed.

Typically, do

flatpak ps
flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution
flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

With either  a pgrep -l evoltution of a   ps -aef | egrep 'evolution|flatpak"
in between.

Just as another data point, I did an Evolution backup which closes and restarts
Evolution.  Interesting thing happened, Evolution restarted with all accounts
intact.  So what is the difference between Evolution doing a restart and my
doing  File->Quit  followed by a flatpak shutown and restart ?