Re: [Evolution] Multipart issue

I would really prefer composing almost everything in plain monospaced
text, with the ability to insert specific objects (HTML, JPG, text,
etc.) in line.

You can't insert objects in-line into plain text.  There's just no
mechanism for doing so.  If you want to insert objects the whole mail
has to be HTML.

Reading mail isn't as simple because I have to display what I get. If
the inbound is HTML and I only display plain text, well you know. I
think even this response (composed in Plain Text / Normal) will come
back from the list server in HTML format.

No it doesn't.

In the earlier incarnation of this thread, I was asked to include
journalctl -b information whose lines typically wrap in plain text to
three or four lines. Ugly. But if I highlight that section, switch to
HTML and Preformatted,

Why do you need to switch to HTML for preformatted?  In plain text
mode, preformatted just means that there is no formatting done by the
Evolution composer (mainly no line wrapping). eg This text is "normal":

This is a very long line of text. This is a very long line of
text. This is a very long line of text. This is a very long line of
text. This is a very long line of text.

This the same line using "preformatted":

This is a very long line of text. This is a very long line of text. This is a very long line of text. This is
a very long line of text. This is a very long line of text.

All done in plain text mode.

P.