Re: [Evolution] Multipart issue

On Thu, 2020-05-28 at 13:01 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I suspect that something mangled it in the mailing list process!

        Hi,
I guess it's unlikely, but who knows.

I don't know how the plain text version is created from the HTML -
perhaps there was something in the HTML that confused it?

Right, this is more likely. Having evolution run from a terminal, there
could be seen some runtime warnings related to WebKit, coming either
from Evolution itself or from a WebKitWebProcess (maybe it's still in
the system journal). That would just show there happened something, but
not necessarily what or why.

The composer (the UI part) asks the editor (on the WebKitWebProcess
side) for the content, once in HTML once in plain text (can be in
opposite order). Failing to get it should result in a stop of the send
operation, if I recall correctly. But it seems it was able to read the
HTML part and failed only with the plain text part.

Checking the message itself, the text/plain part is not completely
empty, it contains CRLF encoded in base64.

The HTML part doesn't look like anything complicated, just the
opposite, pretty simple code, without special characters (unless I
overlooked any).

        Bye,
        Milan