Re: [Evolution] Updating to newest Evolution mail version

Am 30.03.2020 11:52 schrieb Daniel Helfenberger <daniel helfenberger gmx ch>:

Hi there

I should know how I can Update Evolution Mail to the latest Version.

Check out https://flathub.org/home. There you can get the latest evolution app version, 3.36.1.
As someone on this list objected, flatpak apps run in their own "sandbox", somewhat isolated from the rest of the desktop. I found out though, that this is only partially true. For instance, I installed a dark theme via gnome-tweak-tool, and voila, evolution would pick it up as well.

My current Version is: 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
I changed from Windows 7 to Zorin OS and I already have some experience
with linux, but i'm still getting used to the new operating system.
The reason why I want to update to the latest version is that
evoloution mail reacts extremely sluggishly.
Other applications run smoothly.
In the Evolution Manual I found nothing about updates to the newest
version, but I found this on in the net:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/755985/getting-latest-version-of-evolution-on-ubuntu-14-04#755997

sudo apt-get remove evolution
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

My questions are:

Where can I check, whats the newest Version of Evoloution Mail ?
Is this the normal way that I have to remove and reinstall Evolution or
is there a better way to update Evoloution Mail ?
Does my settings go lost, when I remove and reinstall Evolution ?

Some Infos about my Hard and Software, if needed:

Operating System:
Zorin OS 15.2 (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor

Kind regards and thank you for your help, Daniel