Re: [Evolution] Updating to newest Evolution mail version

On Mon, 2020-03-30 at 11:52 +0200, Daniel Helfenberger wrote:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/755985/getting-latest-version-of-
evolution-on-ubuntu-14-04#755997
sudo apt-get remove evolution
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution
My questions are:
Where can I check, whats the newest Version of Evoloution Mail ?
Is this the normal way that I have to remove and reinstall Evolution
or is there a better way to update Evoloution Mail ?

It is not normal that removing and reinstalling any application fixes
anything.

Does my settings go lost, when I remove and reinstall Evolution ?

Your settings exist in your Home Directory and remain after an
application is uninstalled - and are 'rediscovered' when you reinstall
the application.  Another reason uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't
fix things.

As a side note - as a Systems Engineer with 30 years of IT experience
and ~520 users - uninstalling and reinstalling applications on Windows
rarely fixes things either [not in the last decade, it is a very
obsolete practice].

You need to look for the underlying problem.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>