[Evolution] How to install a version of Evolution newer that the one in my distribution

Hello,
I have Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 that came with my Xubuntu
18.04 distribution. I've seen that there is new stable release
(Evolution 3.36)and I'd like to switch to it but I'm not sure about how
to safely do it. I image that I have to back up my current installation
and unistal 3.28 before install the 3.36 version. Account settings
aside (IMAP anyway) I've not very much but I've some (a lot) mails
saved in local folders. How can I ensure that this mail wont disappear
after 3.28 unistall?
regards
Alessia