Re: [Evolution] Significant lag when composing emails

Hi all,

thanks for the helpful responses so far.

However that's not always possible to avoid because of corporate standards.
That is it, unfortunately. However, it seems I have to change these standards, as they lead to issues.

In the meantime, consider writing in plaintext if possible.
I tried that and it did not help as intended. However, surprisingly it did reveal that the opposite is true. When I am writing in plaintext mode, I have this excessive lag: each character being delayed by some milliseconds and sometime more. Sometimes it freezes while typing and then in a burst all characters come at once. When I am writing in HTML mode, everything is fine. No noticeable amount of lag. Again, this only happens when having a long "history of quoted emails".
That is really surprising to me, but that is how it is. I have tried with the version coming from the Ubuntu 18.04 repositories as well as the flatpak developer version. It is basically the same for both.

that's correct, the 3.38.0 will have a fresh new composer. It would be interesting to know whether it'll help here as well.
I tried it, but unfortunately (as described above) there is not really a difference. I got the huge lag in plain text mode and it is working fine in HTML mode.

Best regards,
André