[Evolution] Significant lag when composing emails

Hello everybody,

my OS is Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (kernel 5.3.0-62-generic) and I am using the flatpak version of Evolution, which is version 3.36.4 (by Flathub.org). I am using evolution (together with evolution-ews) in order to access my emails, calendar and contacts from an Office 365 account in the Internet. It all just works and I am quite happy, BUT I experience very significant lag when I am composing emails with long histories. The lag is so significant that it makes the program unusable for me, the characters sometimes take a few seconds to appear on the screen. When I say "emails with long histories" I am talking about emails where I went back and forth with a customer and the list of quoted emails at the bottom of my message is several pages long. I hope it is clear what I mean by that.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this lag? is this a known issue? Do you need any further information in order to provide help?

Best regards,
André​ Müller