Re: [Evolution] Significant lag when composing emails

On Wed, 2020-07-22 at 14:58 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I think Milan has mentioned an improved composer coming soon, so that
may correct the issue. In the meantime, consider writing in plaintext
if possible.

        Hi,
that's correct, the 3.38.0 will have a fresh new composer. It would be
interesting to know whether it'll help here as well.

I'd ask to give it a try beforehand, but it's in the development
version only, which means there are bugs in the code. I cannot
recommend it for production (even I use it myself). In case you'd like
to give it a try, you can build your own Flatpak version from the
current sources as described here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak

The only difference in the commands is that wherever you see "-stable"
in the command text you replace it with "-master", like for example
here:

  $ flatpak-builder --force-clean org.gnome.Evolution-stable org.gnome.Evolution-stable.json

you'll use (it's replaced twice there):

  $ flatpak-builder --force-clean org.gnome.Evolution-master org.gnome.Evolution-master.json

More info can be found on that wiki page. Again, please note this is a
development version, with its own bugs. Thus use it with caution. Also,
you cannot have installed the Flathub version and the manually built
version at the same time, because they both use the org.gnome.Evolution
name (thus they share local data).
        Bye,
        Milan