Re: [Evolution] View -> Show Deleted Messages doesn't keep them

On Wed, 2020-07-22 at 12:50 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
I have set View -> Show Deleted Messages. When I delete a message, as
expected, it draws a line through its row in the upper pane. But if
new mail arrives, and maybe under some other circumstances, the row
disappears and the message is in the trash folder.

        Hi,
some accounts (notably EWS and also IMAP in some cases) allow real
Trash (and Junk) folders, which means that messages marked for deletion
are moved to the real Trash when the folder changes are saved. You can
find the setting on the Defaults tab of the mail account Properties.

Sometimes when I go to the trash folder and undelete a message, it
disappears, as if I had emptied the trash -- but it's only that
message that disappears, not all the trash. It's not back in the
inbox; as far as I can tell, it's actually deleted.

I do not recall how your 3.30.5, but it's supposed (in the current
3.36.4) to undelete the message and move it into the Inbox.

        Bye,
        Milan