Re: [Evolution] Email window does not close on deleting mail

Am Montag, den 13.07.2020, 09:49 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 19:02 +0200, Tom wrote:
So, it seems to be a problem with the window manager !??

Even if it is not of general interest (only for MATE users): It was
actually a problem with MATE. You have to tweak MATE so that new
windows are NOT opened maximized ?-|

      Hi,
maybe, I do not know. You can run this from a terminal:

   $ gsettings monitor
org.gnome.evolution.window:/org/gnome/evolution/mail/composer-window/

I tried it, because it sounded interesting - but produced no output for
me (on the terminal window) ?

which will show changes of the composer window size and maximize
state.
You can verify with it that the changes are saved. I guess they
change
when you open a new composer window, which may probably mean that the
window manager did not accept the saved change. Note the window
currently (3.36.0+) always opens in the center of the screen [1].
      Bye,
      Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/800

Best,