Re: [Evolution] yahoo OAuth2

On 1/15/20 06:48, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2020-01-14 at 09:42 -0500, Eugene via evolution-list wrote:
Please consider following Thunderbird and allowing yahoo OAuth2 to
avoid sudden access denied messages and avoid a need to have "less
secure applications" toggle enabled.
        Hi,
it's not about considering to use it, just the opposite, I'd really
like to offer OAuth2 for Yahoo! servers, but Yahoo! offers only these
scopes for new applications (as of today) [1]:

|  Select private user data APIs that your application needs to access.
|
|  [ ] Contacts
|  [ ] Fantasy Sports
|  [ ] Oath Ad Platforms
|  [ ] Profiles (Social Directory)
|  [ ] Relationships (Social Directory)

There's no mail, there's no calendar, only contacts would be usable for
Evolution(-data-server).

Thank you for a detailed, as usual, analysis. I followed your steps and found no solutions either.

In addition, my personal interpretation, based on [1] and [2], that non OAuth2 IMAP access will be permanently disabled from March 2nd, 2020 thus making Evolution Mail completely unusable with Yahoo.

One of answers [3] mentions that Yahoo must explicitly enable Mail API:

In order for you to see the mail checkboxes in the list of potential scopes, Yahoo have to white-list your developer account. I could not find any documentation about this, or instructions for how to ask for it, so I can't back this up with any documentation.

Regards,
Eugene.

[1] https://login.yahoo.com/account/security
[2] https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27791.html