Re: [Evolution] Importing a folder from MH/claws

On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 08:27 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 08:11 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2020-01-11 at 22:59 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
In the (distant) past, as I remember it, an MH folder could
simply be copied into the
~/.local/evolution/...; ....

        Hi,
Evolution's On This Computer account uses Maildir, not MH, structure.

I copied a folder named ross into
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.ross , ...

When you look into other folders, those you created within Evolution
UI, you'll see that the directory structure is different, like it
should have subdirectories named 'new', 'cur' and 'tmp'. You can copy
new messages into the 'new' directory, where the Evolution will pick
them on its own the next time it refreshes the folders. It works
without deleting the corresponding folders.db file.

Nonetheless, I believe you'll get better result when you create a new
Mail account of type "MH-format mail directories" and point it to the
MH structure you want to import. Then copy messages inside Evolution
UI. Always make copy of the original directory, to avoid data loss if
anything would go wrong (especially when adding account, which points
to private data of other application(s)).
        Bye,
        Milan