Re: [Evolution] Importing a folder from MH/claws

On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 13:32 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 08:27 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Sun, 2020-01-12 at 08:11 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2020-01-11 at 22:59 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
In the (distant) past, as I remember it, an MH folder could
simply be copied into the
~/.local/evolution/...; ....

I copied a folder named ross into
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.ross , ...

Nonetheless, I believe you'll get better result when you create a new
Mail account of type "MH-format mail directories" and point it to the
MH structure you want to import. Then copy messages inside Evolution
UI. Always make copy of the original directory, to avoid data loss if
anything would go wrong (especially when adding account, which points
to private data of other application(s)).

I have done that and can now copy the folder ross from my MH account to my maildir ("On This Computer") account. Unfortunately only as a SUBfolder of an existing folder. When I attempt to copy the ross folder to the maildir account top level from either the maildir account or the MH account, the Copy and Move functions are grayed out. I could, of course, copy the individual message (all 6 of them; it wouldn't be hard); but it would be nice to understand what's going on.