Re: [Evolution] Saving PGP-encrypted mails as clear text

On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 12:12 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2020-01-11 at 16:01 +0100, Dulsea Liang via evolution-list
wrote:
I am unable to locate an option to save PGPpgp-encrypted e-mails as
clear text. Is there a way to permanently decrypt e-mails in
evolution?

      Hi,
as far as I know, no, there is nothing builtin for this. One would
argue that the message had been encrypted for a purpose and saving it
unencrypted might have security implications, possibly not intended
by the sender.

Preventing users from saving encrypted mail without encryption is
certainly a good idea. I would however argue that GnuPG is not the
ideal solution to encrypt locally stored e-mails.

As a "workaround", try to right-click the message, pick "Edit as New
Message", then turn off encryption from the toolbar or from the
menu in the Composer window and then File->Save as Draft, after which
you can enter the Drafts folder for the chosen From account and move
the message wherever you'd like to have it stored.

Thanks for the tip. I would however prefer a solution which
automatically decrypts the mails in a local Maildir directory. Could
this be achieved by a script that decrypts all the encrypted mails it
finds in the 'cur' folder?

Best,
Dulsea