Re: [Evolution] Proposal regarding apparent race condition on Evolution start-up

ksecretservice is definitely not running. In fact I don't think it's
even installed on my system. However kwalletd, which is the standard
KDE daemon, is running as well as gnome-keyring. If that's the source
of the trouble I don't see why killing Evo and restarting it would make
a difference.

kwalletd doesn't provide the DBUS service, it uses its own API, so it
shouldn't be interfering.

Is there a possibility that kwalletd (or at least KDE) is killing
gnome-keyring for some other reason? Such as managing encryption keys
unlocked during login?

But it's all speculation though until you can see exactly what's
happening!

P.