Re: [Evolution] Proposal regarding apparent race condition on Evolution start-up

that would probably work, if evolution (and especially evolution-
source-registry) talks to the gnome-keyring-daemon directly. It's not
the case, evolution(-data-server) uses libsecret and what libsecret
does in the background is up to it. The libsecret used to have issues
to work properly when the process it was connected to (through D-Bus)
stopped while it had been "using" it - it didn't try to re-connect or
something. I do not know whether it's still the case these days.

Am I right in thinking that libsecret doesn't specifically use gnome-
keyring?  Is it possible that that under KDE it is trying to use
ksecretservice because that happens to have already been started by
KDE?

I do not know how to do that, but would you be able to check whether
the gnome-keyring-daemon was really restarted? Finding the reason for
its restart might be even harder.

Can you have two "Secret Services" connected to D-BUS? If
ksecretservice starts up, will it disconnect gnome-keyring from D-BUS?

P.