Re: [Evolution] Evolution discussion (Ubuntu) - Search results

On Wed, 2020-12-16 at 14:15 +0100, theapplepie differentmail com wrote:

I think you raise a good point. Probably some don't know how to find
the specific help and some are not sure what could be the problem &
therefore ask in a general forum of their OS.

If people try "to find the specific help" but they do not click a menu
item in that application which is surprisingly called "Help", then I
don't know what else we should do. We cannot force people to read.

Another issue could be that the evolution list does not show up in
the
top 30 of the search results. I searched for "Evolution vertical
view"
in Startpage and DuckDuckGo and the most helpful link would not be
shown in the first 30 results (and probably more):
[...]

Is there a way to bring the Evolution mailing into the search
results?

We cannot fix the order in which things are shown on random third-party
websites, plus I see no point at all in linking to some mailing list,
because most people don't understand where to bring up what and the
difference between support vs feature request/bug report.

So I just opened google.com, not logged in, in Firefox 83 (but I might
have some cookies there) and in latest Tor browser (ending up with a
Dutch relay, so I switched the language to English). In both cases the
very first link goes to the GNOME Evolution help. See attachments.

Again: If people don't find or click that very first link in the search
results, then I don't know what else to do. Can't force people to read.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net