Re: [Evolution] Evolution Editor needs serious attention

On Fri, 2020-08-21 at 15:31 +0200, mwrsa web de wrote:
Ok, I admit, I have to add another question here: Is there a reason why this is done vial mailing list, and
not using some forum platform? I'd clearly prefer the latter form, and with some issues you could just find
the solution using the web search of your choice without having to bother this whole group by asking.

The people who set it up, the people who run it, and most of the people
who use it prefer mailing lists. There are user forums as well, but
they tend to be distro-centric while the list is neutral. And of course
a web search will find list messages just as easily as it would find
forum posts. Personally I find Evo's built-in search perfectly
adequate, though I keep the entire list in an IMAP folder and never
delete anything, which might not suit everyone.

poc