Re: [Evolution] newbie question - many accounts, one inbox - How???

Hi and welcome!

On Sat, 2020-08-15 at 19:01 +0100, rogercreagh wrote:
I am in the process of migrating from Mac to Linux, and the one big
thing I have been unable to find is a mail client as good as Apple's
Mail for Mac.

In particular I have several email accounts, and on the Mac you get a
single Inbox, (and a single drafts, junk, sent and trash) all listed on
the left. You can expand the inbox to show the separate inboxes for
each account (and the same for the sent, junk, trash etc) so you can
still view them separately, but the basic view combines them.

In Evolution it seems that the accounts are entirely separate and you
can't combine them functionally like on the mac.

That's correct for remote accounts (e.g. IMAP). Mail pulled from POP3
accounts would all end up under "On this computer".

How can I (is it even possible) set up Evolution so it works in the
same way as Mail on a Mac (which after many years of use seems
completely natural to me)?

I've looked in help, and searched through preferences, but can't find
anything useful - possibly because I don't know what evolution would
call it.

» Using Search folders" if you only want a unified view but messages
remain in their actual accounts and folders).

Set up filters if you want to actually move messages across accounts.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net