Re: [Evolution] Evolution Gmail Connect Problem

I have additional information on this issue.

Problem summary:

I experienced an unexpected power outage (no UPS) while the computer (Opensuse 15.1) was up and Evolution
3.26.6 was running. The computer restarted fine, but Evolution had lost it's connection to the
imap.googlemail.com, and went into an endless loop  "Scanning folders in "IMAP server imap.googlemail.com"".
I still had all my locally stored email and calendar information.

Debug:

After working with Milan on chat, I tried to find where the OAuth2 password was stored so I could delete it,
but could not find it. (Comment: in retrospect, this was probably a dead end from my user perspective). I
also tried several computer and Evolution restarts.

Decided to uninstall and reinstall Evolution via YAST. Before doing that I renamed the .config/evolution and
.cache/evolution directories. After the uninstall, I presumed (incorrectly) that Evolution would start fresh
and I could re-authenticate with Google.

Upon starting Evolution, it went <unexpectedly> completely back to the same "Scanning folders...." problem,
but without any of the old, local emails however. (Observation: that account information is stored somewhere
besides .cache and .config. I would like to know where).

Given this behavior, I started looking more closely at the "Edit-->Accounts" options. I deleted the gmail
account listed there, and re-added it. Actually I did this a couple of times, but then got an email on a
different email account/app from Google stating the Evolution login attempt had been blocked, but gave me a
link to Google letting me ID and permit the action. After doing that, I got an Evolution popup that windowed
to Gmail and let me reenter my password. At this point Evolution redownloaded everything and now everything
works as expected.

Clearly the problem was nothing specifically with Evolution--I simply needed to re-authenticate with gmail's
servers, but was never presented with an option to do so. I suggest adding a timeout to the "Scanning
folders..." code. In conjunction with this, there needs to be checking to see if re-authentication is needed,
and present the user with the chance to do so.

There was also no need for me to uninstall Evolution--simply deleting the account would have worked fine. I
simply wasn't experienced enough with Evoution to consider that previously.

And finally, I need to thank Milan Crha for his help on chat. It helped me to understand Evolution better and
is greatly appreciated.

And finally #2, the Evolution code that auto-configs with gmail is really slick (good)!