Re: [Evolution] Evolution & onion-adress

On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 08:53 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
I filled an issue for you:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/237

        Hi,
just a little follow up, thus you know I didn't forget of it. I wrote
it also to the bug report:

----

I verified this and all looks fine, the proxy is used and the changes
in the settings are propagated as soon as a new connection is made to
the server (like on Refresh of the book/calendar or when a credentials
prompt is confirmed).

I guess the problem here is the GNetworkMonitor, not being able to
reach the server behind the proxy. That's filled as
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/-/issues/1320 . A workaround to
that bug is to go to the Evolution Edit->Preferences->Network
Preferences->Method to detect online state: Always Online.

----

Well, maybe it's not only about the GNetworkMonitor, as you claimed an
issue with the DNS in the other mail in this subthread. I hope the
"Always Online" will help at least partially.
        Bye,
        Milan