Re: [Evolution] Evolution LDAP Size Limitations

On Fri, 2020-04-03 at 16:28 -0400, Joe via evolution-list wrote:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2012-July/msg00114.html

        Hi,
it's 8 years ago (almost). That's a long time.

I can see  in the 3.36 version that the search filter being sent is
(| (mail=<emailaddress>) (userCerttificate=*))

I see you found a bug in the code which transforms Evolution's search
expression into LDAP's search expression. It converted this:

  (and (exists "x509Cert") (or (is "email" "emailaddress")))

  (| (userCertificate=*) (mail=emailaddress) )

which is obviously wrong. The 'or' at the former is meant to cover
searches in multiple fields, which is done for example with auto-
completion.

Would you mind to file a bug against evolution-data-server, please?
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/issues/new

If you've any trouble in filling it, then just let me know and I'll do
it myself, I just prefer to not fill bugs on my own, when found by the
users. You'd have also feedback on the bug when you fill it yourself
(or add yourself into CC/enable notifications).

        Thanks and bye,
        Milan