Re: [Evolution] Emoticons appear in email subject line

On Fri, 2020-04-03 at 08:04 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2020-04-02 at 20:07 +0100, Adam Hardy via evolution-list
wrote:
This is Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 and Linux Mint 19.

Okay, so that's two years old software. Not much surprise it doesn't
know the emojis. Even the latest WebKitGTK+ doesn't draw the new
"composite" emoji icons properly.

If you've free time, disk space and bandwidth, I'd suggest to try the
latest Evolution (3.36.1, with the updated dependencies) from
Flathub.org. I believe it'll work properly, or at least better (+/-
"composite" emojis) there. Note it's only for testing, the Flatpak
version has its limitations, as it's an isolated sandbox, thus it may
or may not work well for you.

Ah OK. Looks like Linux Mint 19 is quite a long way behind the curve
then. I'm new to Linux Mint as well and I want to see if it's easy to
configure it to get newer versions of something like Evolution. It
might only be possible to upgrade the whole distro but I'm hoping it's
a bit more flexible.

Thanks
Adam