Re: [Evolution] Collating inboxes

Hi,

On Sun, 2019-09-29 at 05:33 +1000, Bradley G Ward wrote:
Not being one who posts to lists such as this at all, I have no idea
what you are talking about, and I know little about etiquette.  I
think
that this archaic bottom posting is the rule here?

It's expected, as we do not start reading emails at the bottom, yes. :)

The link you provided means nothing to me and sheds no light on the
question I posed, as far as I can see. How am I responding to a
random message when I started a new topic?  If this has been
addressed in the past I don't even know where to go to search for
it.  So apologies if I've knocked the Evolution list off its axis.

Your previous email was a direct reply to the thread "cycle through
contact editor with TAB key", as you clicked Reply.
Instead, please send a new message (which is not a reply) to the
mailing list when starting a completely new topic. Thanks :)

Your solution is not correct.  I have both POP3 and IMAP accounts all
directing their incoming mail into the one inbox.

If you have IMAP accounts directing incoming mail to 1 (one) inbox then
you probably already have some filters configured somewhere which
forward email to that one inbox. These filters might be local in
Evolution, or might be on some server. You are free to add an
additional filter in that place, to solve the problem you asked about.

Cheers,
andre

--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net