Re: [Evolution] Automatic email selection when changing folder

On Wed, 2019-10-30 at 10:03 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I'm not aware of a way to change this behavior. While the use-case
makes sense for you, it may not for others, or for me at least. When I
search for a message and clear the filtering, I want to stay on that
found message. Even when I move away from that folder and return back.
When I want to move to the next/previous unread message quickly I use
Ctrl+]/Ctrl+[.

I would not add an option for the behavior you suggest.

I would agree with that.  It makes it seriously difficult to pull
together information in different emails in different folders if you
have to re-search for the email you were looking at if you just switch
folders.

+1

I would add that there may well be other parts of Evo that implicitly
assume that selecting a folder always selects a message (because up to
now it always has), and not selecting one could lead to unexpected
behaviour.

poc