Re: [Evolution] [still not solved] Folder icon

On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 15:34 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 15:23 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
The account is back. I need this account. Unfortunately the wrong
icon is back again, too.

Is there anything else I could do? Editing another file?

The unwanted icon is back, but I needed to add the receive and send
password again :D.

        Hi,
everything is in the settings, not in the cache or anywhere else. I do
not see a reason why it would default to folder://local/... on its own,
that's surprising to me (but it's a relatively long time since I
touched that part of the code). IMAP accounts can fill the folder for
you, if the server sends an annotation information on the folders, but
it surely won't address the local folder.

Remember, you play with the internal files. Especially evolution-
source-registry process should be off when changing the .source files,
to avoid spurious notifications of the changes and to make sure the
source registry works with the latest file content. I say so, because
some desktop environments can restart the process as soon as you kill
it.

By the way, what is so bad (or irritating?) on that folder icon for
you?

If I would cheat on Evolution, then I'll create a new folder under On
This Computer, then go to Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences and
change there the default Archive folder (ehm, this is tricky, because
it crashes evolution, which I already fixed for 3.34.2+; workaround is
to create the folder, close evolution, open evolution), then delete
this new archive folder, thus the default Archive folder will point to
a non-existent folder. I won't advice this to anyone, though. Cleaner
workarounds would be either to point the Archive folder to some you
usually do not see, or to change the appearance of the folder, if you
really hate the icon.

By the way ][, this is solved, because it is an intentional feature.
You are trying to "break" the feature.

   Error sending IPC message: Broken pipe
   ^C

The Error output appeared when closing the Evolution window.

Well, if you really pressed Ctrl+C, then it's not closing, but killing
it. It's a good way to break your internal data, like when you kill it
in the middle of writing some configuration file to the disk. Anyway,
the error itself comes from WebKitGTK+ and is sort of debugging thing.
It can be sometimes shown also when closing message composer.

        Bye,
        Milan