Re: [Evolution] assertion 'flags & FLAG_INITIALIZED' failed

        Hi,

On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 17:15 +0000, CANAUD Pascal wrote:
It's webkit2gtk 2.26.1
I tested by downgrading to 2.24.4, but I get the same result.

ah, good to know it's not a new thing. (The 2.26.x has plenty of
regressions/changes, which break some applications.)

Using "G_DEBUG=fatal-warnings evolution", evolution effectively stops
at the first warning that has nothing to do with it:
evolution:6737): Gtk-WARNING **: 18:06:08.654: Theme parsing error:
gtk.css:1703:69: Expected a valid selector

That can be something either in your ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css or in
your desktop theme. You are right, it's unrelated.

For the manipulation of the webkitwebprocess I am not expert enough

Right, it's not an easy thing and things can break easily. If you'd
like to give it a try with below steps, then you can, but if unsure,
then rather do not do it.

I've been thinking of doing this as root, supposing the WebKitWebProces
is stored in /usr/libexec/webkit2gtk-4.0/:
a) go to the directory with the file:
   # cd /usr/libexec/webkit2gtk-4.0/
b) rename original file:
   # mv WebKitWebProcess WebKitWebProcess.orig
c) create a file WebKitWebProcess at the same directory with this content:

   #!/bin/bash

   G_DEBUG=fatal-warnings /usr/libexec/webkit2gtk-4.0/WebKitWebProcess.orig "$@"

d) set executable attributes to the new script:
   # chmod a+x WebKitWebProcess

And now, when you run Evolution, it should execute the script and
eventually crash the WebKitWebProcess.orig when the warning will be
shown. The interesting part is the backtrace of the crash. Where it is
stored in your distribution I do not know.

To revert the changes simply do this as root:
e) go to the directory with the file:
   # cd /usr/libexec/webkit2gtk-4.0/
f) rename the original file back:
   # mv WebKitWebProcess.orig WebKitWebProcess

Or you can reinstall/update webkit2gtk3 package, which will overwrite
the WebKitWebProcess script.

        Bye,
        Milan