Re: [Evolution] [off-topic] Spam error message

On Tue, 2019-05-21 at 12:03 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
By the way, nice you stole stolen thread. I didn't know it's possible.
Well, I did know that, but I didn't expect it could happen... :)

It wasn't hijacked, I only wanted to inform the OP, so that the OP could
pass the information to the OP's wife. If I would have started a new
thread, the OP might have ignored it, so marking it as [off-topic] was
the right way to do it. Alternatively I could have sent it off-list, but
the information might be from interest for other subscribers, too.

The appropriate way to deal with hijacked threads is to notify the user
that they should ask the question again under a new topic, but not to
answer the question within the hijacked thread, which defeats the
point.

poc