Re: [Evolution] [off-topic] Spam error message

On Tue, 21 May 2019 12:03:40 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
On Tue, 2019-05-21 at 11:00 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2019-05-21 at 10:35 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Without those errors, but on Arch Linux evolution from extra is
seriously broken.

     Hi,
why does that sound as yours:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2019-April/msg00066.html
?

It is.

That's a distro-specific issue

It might be, I didn't claim anything else.

, from my point of view. Applications (software in general) have
dependencies. When the dependency changes soname version, then the
previously compiled software cannot find the previous library, thus
it fails to start. Rebuilding the "affected" software usually helps.
It sometimes requires some changes, because soname versions are not
(usually) changed just for fun.

The packages provided by the official Arch repositories are build
against the  dependencies from the official Arch repositories. Those
new versions of evolution do not fail regarding a soname issue. After
_downgrading_ Evolution to the last version of evolution, the old
                                            ^ that worked on Arch Linux

version fails regarding a soname issue, hence I provide the required
old libs, too.

By the way, nice you stole stolen thread. I didn't know it's
possible. Well, I did know that, but I didn't expect it could
happen... :)

It wasn't hijacked, I only wanted to inform the OP, so that the OP
could pass the information to the OP's wife. If I would have started a
new thread, the OP might have ignored it, so marking it as [off-topic]
was the right way to do it. Alternatively I could have sent it
off-list, but the information might be from interest for other
subscribers, too.