Re: [Evolution] Outlook Style Manual Archiving - Is there a way to do it?

Create a search folder with a search condition of all mails received
/
sent earlier than some period relative to the current date
Then visit that search folder, hit Ctrl-a to select all, hit the
delete
button to move them all to the junk folder which should be emptied
regularly, either automatically, which you can set in the
preferences,
or manually using Ctrl-e.

Hope that helps,

Thomas

Thomas,
Thanks for your suggestion, although I do want to ultimately delete
them and clearly your method would do that, I do want to keep the mails
in a separate file before they are deleted from the live folders.

Using your procedure I could see that I could select all the files in
the deleted folder and then export them to an mbox file before doing as
you say and hitting delete.

In Outlook which I am very familiar with with when I was a Windows
user, the manual archive would remove the email from each folder and
recreate the same folder structure in an archive.pst file and then
would remove the email from the live folders.  The beauty of this (and
what I am trying to achieve in Evo if possible) is that you end up with
a file that can be opened in the email package should I ever need to go
back to the files to check something. In outlook you would see the
opened file as another mail folder in the left pane and it would
replicate the folder structure like the live folders so that it's easy
to locate emails from specific people.

In Evo can you open a file like this or is it only possible to import
back from the external file?

Siv

                .SivName {font-family:"Arial Black",Gadget, sans-serif; font-size:16pt;font-style:italic;}
                .ContactLine {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10pt;}
                .LegalText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:8pt;}
        .BodyText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11pt;}
        .Ruler {height: 5px; background-color: white; width: 100%; margin: 0 auto; background-image:
linear-gradient(90deg, navy 0%, white 90%);}