Re: [Evolution] Outlook Style Manual Archiving - Is there a way to do it?

Not an answer, just some pointers:

Under "Edit → Preferences → Mail Accounts → Edit → Defaults", you can
define an Archive Folder for your account to move older messages
into.
This requires to first set a fallback folder under "Edit →
Preferences
→ Mail Preferences → General → Archive Mail", I think.
Selecting "Message → Archive" in the main window manually moves the
selected message(s) to the specified archive folder.

No idea if one can set up rules to automatically archive at a certain
age: https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters.html

            .SivName {font-family:"Arial Black",Gadget, sans-
serif;
font-size:16pt;font-style:italic;}
            .ContactLine {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-
serif;
font-size:10pt;}
            .LegalText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:8pt;}
        .BodyText {font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-
size:11pt;}
        .Ruler {height: 5px; background-color: white; width: 100%;
margin: 0 auto; background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, navy 0%,
white
90%);}

Whatever this is (maybe a footer), it did not work in plain text
here.

Cheers,
andre

Andre,

Thomas' answer did seem to indicate that I could do that, I will try
and get all of the old files into a single folder. Deleted Items would
do. Once there I believe I can select them and export them to an mbox
file. Then I could empty the deleted items and that would achieve half
of what I am after.

The key thing I want to do is have the emails in a file on my system
that I can open to read the old emails, preferably without having to
restore them back into the live folders first.

The weird stuff is the CSS rules that format the fonts used in my
signature line when in HTML format, I am not sure why that appeared in
my original question as I removed the signature before posting as well
as converting to plain text.  The CSS stuff is in the head of the HTML
document that makes up my signature?

Siv