Re: [Evolution] Dealing with huge imap accounts / best practise?

evolution-list:

I just put the string "unique-search-subject1" into

[...]

Such searches are not done on the server, because all of Subject, To
and CC headers are cached in the local cache. The server-side search is
done only/mainly for the body/message contains search type.

Ok, so what shall I do to definitly trigger a server side search?
Optimally including subject line's content.

This is also preliminary to debug the server side search later.

Doing a search in a folder which is not selected in the UI (aka in
"Current Folder and Subfolders" or "Current Account" or "All Accounts")
doesn't invoke refresh of the folders, it just reads what is cached
locally.

[...]

You've an option to check for new messages in all folders (especially
when multiple clients are accessing the folders), which is in account
Properties->Receiving Options tab, or selectively in folder Properties
(in a context menu above the folder in the folder tree on the left of
the Mail view).

I hope I get you right: Those large IMAP accounts used by several
users. They save their mail somewhere in the subfolders. Others will
later want to find such mail by searching.

I ran tests with/without clicking on Get Messages before searching.
In no case these messages were found afterwards searching for the
subject of those stored messages. (Unless local cache was used.)

To sum up:

I'd love to switch from Thunderbird to Evolution for our huge IMAP
accounts. However, I still fail to find a way to get mail search
work yet.

Thank your for the fantastic support so far
 Felix