Re: [Evolution] Dealing with huge imap accounts / best practise?

evolution-list:

On Mon, 2019-03-04 at 17:21 +0100, fkater--- via evolution-list wrote:
How would we debug server side searches...?

this might help:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging#IMAP

Wow, I'll investigate that.

I've no idea what your searches look like, you never give a clue, thus
it's hard to guess what the IMAPx code does in the background. The
communication log will show you that.

Oh, I am sorry. I just put the string "unique-search-subject1" into
the search bar, that's all. The mail to be found (and saved into one
of the subfolders previously by another mail client) had that exact
string as subject. The current problem is: That mail is found only
either when local caching is enabled (huge cache though) or the
subfolder with that mail in it is previously once clicked, thus
somehow cached I guess.

Thank you for all your help!

 Felix