Re: [Evolution] Evolution email really slow

On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 12:19 +0100, Graham Sawyer via evolution-list
wrote:
I've been using Evolution for years. I recently did a clean install
of Ubuntu mate and Evolution. When typing an email there is a
significant lag to the characters showing on screen. Any advice on
what to do?

        Hi,
it depends on several factors, one being version of the Evolution
(Help->About menu), another WebKitGTK+ version. There can be more
factors involved.

Sometimes, long time ago, there could be a problem with spell checking,
thus I'd try to disable it. You can do that either in
Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->Spell Checking tab->Check
spelling while I type, at the bottom of that tab, or by deselecting all
the languages in the message composer in Edit->Current Languages menu.
        Bye,
        Milan