[Evolution] Slow to connect (and download)

Using Evolution 3.32.1-2 on Ubuntu 19.04 setup with POP3.

If I click on Send/Receive, it can take up to a minute or more to
connect to the POP3 (pop.gmx.com port 110 setup automatically) and then
retrieving simple text messages (like from this list) take another
minute or two to download. It seemed to be a bit slower today than it
was yesterday.

It is not the Internet connection, because I can browse just fine, and
downloading I get more than 1mb/s.

I am not getting any errors that I am aware of.

Any ideas?