Re: [Evolution] Error loading attachments - version 3.32.3 (flatpak git)

On 7/5/2019 5:03 PM, Jairo Lopez via evolution-list wrote:
Hello,

I decided to switch my main computer from Windows to Linux. After comparing between Thunderbird and Evolution, I went with Evolution (really liked) and struggled a bit migrating my PST file. Now after finally configuring my work and personal accounts, when I thought everything was working correctly I tried to add an attachment to a draft and got a weird behavior:

  * If I click on the "Add Attachment..." button at the bottom nothing
    happens.
  * If I drag the file that I want to attach to the draft window I get
    the error message: "Could not load the attachment. Error when
    getting information for file /home/jairolop/test.txt: no such file
    or directory". The file exists because I'm dragging it. In fact
    thinking that the problem was a long path or filename I created a
    simple one at HOME with the same result

Where can I find out the reason adding an attachment is failing? I'd hate to use Thunderbird instead of Evolution

I'm not completely familiar with either one, but if this is a Snap or Flatpak package they run in a sandbox which restricts their access to your files. It sounds to me as if your sandbox isn't allowing access to your files.

See https://askubuntu.com/questions/845644/allow-snap-apps-to-access-data-from-outside-of-container

There might also be something useful in here, although it seems more aimed at developers: http://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions-reference.html

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts