Re: [Evolution] Displaying Attachments

On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 09:27 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I thought the whole point of using XDG in this sort of situation was
that it is desktop agnostic - so for the OP using KDE it would do the
right thing!

        Hi,
yes, I'd expect that too, but it seems the standard defines something,
but actual implementations differ.

what is the definitive way of setting the default that is
used if you aren't using Gnome as your desktop.

Rather than remembering tens of different command syntaxes, I'd just
tell those xdg-... command wrappers (like 'xdg-mime') that I want to do
the change for GNOME (or better any glib/gvfs/gnomevfs application, for
what it worth), by:

   $ XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME xdg-mime .....

...since Evolution is clearly relying on the Gnome configuration and
not the actual desktop config, ...

To be picky, Evolution relies on glib and glib does what it does. Any
glib application using GAppInfo should be similarly affected. I can
create a little test program as a proof of concept :)

        Bye,
        Milan