Re: [Evolution] Displaying Attachments

On Fri, 2019-02-15 at 00:36 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
$ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
okularApplication_pdf.desktop,

That's strange 'cos that is what I understand Evolution to use to
determine the application used to open the attachments.

        Hi,
I think the problem with xdg-mime is that it's a crossroad for
different desktop environments. When you run it under GNOME, then it
runs GNOME-specific tool. When you run it under KDE, then it runs KDE-
specific tool. And so on.

Evolution uses glib for this and relies on it. Instead of xdg-mime, try
`gio mime` (there's a space, not a dash). Eventually run xdg-mime like
it being run under GNOME:

   $ XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME xdg-mime query default application/pdf

which should use the gio, gvfs or gnomevfs (in this order, whichever is
found first) utility in the background.
        Bye,
        Milan