Re: [Evolution] Displaying Attachments

** Please reply directly to the list, and not to me personally.

On Thu, 2019-02-14 at 23:52 +0000, Norman Lambert wrote:
Dear Pete
Thank you for your interest in this minor problem. The result you want
is

$ xdg-mime query default application/pdf
okularApplication_pdf.desktop,

That's strange 'cos that is what I understand Evolution to use to
determine the application used to open the attachments.  Indeed I've
just tried it on my system and changing the XDG file association
changes the application used to open the attachment. Perhaps others who
actually know the code would care to comment!

There is also a lengthy discussion on it in the archives - see the
thread starting at:

 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-May/msg00135.html

Ultimately you could try running nautilus (the Gnome file handler),
right click on a .pdf file, select Properties and from there change the
default handler.

P.