Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter Problems

On Wed, 2019-02-06 at 22:22 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2019-02-06 at 14:05 -0800, Douglas Summers wrote:
On Wed, 2019-02-06 at 23:00 +0100, Ángel wrote:
On 2019-02-05 at 15:08 -0800, Douglas Summers wrote:
The only spam plug-in that's installed is Bogofilter. This is
happening
on a Hotmail account.

What is filtering the email as spam? Hotmail or your local
evolution
client?

If hotmail automaticall files the email as spam on arrival
instead of
delivering into your inbox, then there is little that evolution
can
do
when it gets to it.

Kind regards

Yes, never thought of that. It explains why I can never place
Microsoft
Rewards emails into spam! :-)

No it doesn't, unless your local spam filter isn't working. You
haven't
said what mail protocol you're using, though for a Hotmail account I
assume it's POP. In which case all of your mail is coming into your
On
This Computer folder unless your input filters move it somewhere else
(which is what the spam filters do of course). Note that you can
configure the (local) spam filter to pay attention to the spam
indication coming from the server.

I'm using EWS on one account and IMAPX on the other; both are
hotmail.com addresses, but I only need emails on one of them (IMAPX).